Thursday, August 16, 2012

Not an average Thursday!

Today may seem like an average Thursday but to me today means more than that.  It means first of all that God allowed me to awaken to my family.  He gave me another day, even with the trials a day can bring, each day is new and should be considered a gift. 
Second, it means that today is my last day in my forties.
On Friday I will be the big 50.  I am praying hard to make 50 the best year of my life.  I think I can do it. 
Having had really bad eating habits for years, I am mostly composed of butter, sugar, and carbs.  This is such a simple thought with such a simple solution, but for some reason it is very dificult for many people. 
My goal today is to be able to say to whomever is present when the time comes for me to spend time on myself, "I WILL BE OUT OF POCKET FOR A LITTLE WHILE...GOING FOR A WALK OR DOING ZUMBA".  Or better yet I will invite them to go along:)

1 comment:

  1. I really love this post. Beth, I just want to make it to 50, and I am only three years behind you. I think we better stick to Zumba, walking in the hottest part of the day can't be good for us. When the weather cools down we will walk. 2:30 is steamy out. I have no make-up on today because, it hurt to raise my arms! I also think I have a pelvis. Love you and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete