Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I want it!


I think I am the only one blogging. 

Hope you all have a great day! 

Last night I cooked:
  • Brown Rice
  • Green Beans
  • Baked Flounder


Dorothy made a great low cal broccoli salad.

For the rice I added a drop of olive oil and lemon pepper to the water, it was great.

In the green beans I added chopped onions.

The flounder was baked in the oven with olive oil spray on the pan, lemon pepper, chopped tomatoes, onions, banana peppers, & sweet peppers.



2 comments:

  1. Please share the brand of borwn rice you are using and exactly how you cooked it. I tried to cook some a few weeks ago and it tasted like horse food should taste. Thank you. I am making a serious deal with myself to drink more water today!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Mahatma brown rice..I think long grain.

    I used 5 cups water, brought it a boil with my seasoning in it...it was a rolling boil, added 2 cups of rice, and gave it a quick stir with a fork. (don't stir during cooking..put lid on and leave it. I turned my eye down to about 4 or 5 to simmer and it took 45 mins or a tad longer, but it was fluffy and had a taste to it. No butter.

    This is what the package says to do...In a saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon tub margarine and 1 teaspoon salt per cup of uncooked rice, if desired. Stir in 1 cup rice. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Yields 3-½ cups cooked rice

    ReplyDelete